Fun Chiropractic Facts
Houston Chiropractor Comments: With all of the recent coverage being about the corona virus, I decided to write about a lighter topic. Here are some interesting facts about chiropractic.
- The term “chiropractic” derives from two Grecian words: cheir which means hand, and praktos which means done. “Done by Hand”. Fitting, right?
- Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) go through a minimum of 4,200 hours of classroom, lab and clinical internships during their 4-year doctoral graduate school program.
- It is estimated that DCs treat over 35 million Americans, this includes adults and children, annually.
- There are roughly 100,000 doctors of chiropractic in active practice across the globe, and about 10,000 students are currently enrolled in chiropractic education programs in the United States alone.
- All 32 NFL teams have their own chiropractor to boost performance, maintain wellness and treat musculoskeletal strain and injury.
- Infants can benefit greatly from chiropractic care. It makes sense—birth can be pretty hard on a little body! The adjustment is adapted to suit their needs and is perfectly safe.
- Each day, over one million adjustments take place across the globe. That’s a whole lot of relief!
- Chiropractic is recognized and regulated by law in over 49 countries! And in the United States, DCs are licensed in all 50 states!
- An injured worker is 28 times less likely to have spinal surgery if the first point of contact is a DC rather than a surgeon.
- Treatment for low back pain initiated by a DC costs up to 20 percent less than when started by a medical doctor.
Dr. Ward Beecher practices at Beecher Chiropractic Clinic at 1001 Pineloch, Ste 700 Houston, TX 77062. You can schedule an appointment at www.BeecherChiropractic.com or by calling (281) 286-1300. If you have any questions regarding this blog, please comment below!